• Skeletal System Cartilage Bones, joints and ligaments. Provides overall support, body shape, leverage, and protection. Your bones help protect internal organs.
• Muscular System Muscles (smooth, cardiac and skeletal muscles). Helps provide the power needed for body part movement.
• Cardiovascular System Blood, blood vessels (such as veins, capillaries & arteries) and heart. Helps support the movement of nutrients and blood throughout the body.
• Digestive System Alimentary canal, tongue, teeth, liver, salivary glands, and pancreas. The alimentary canal includes the esophagus, oral cavity, large & small intestine, and anus). Aids with food digestion and absorption throughout the body.
• Endocrine System Includes endocrine glands such as thyroid, pituitary gland, adrenals, and parathyroid glands. Also includes the endocrine part of the liver, ovaries, testes, and pancreas. Regulates overall body function and chemical coordination.
• Lymphatic System Lymph nodes, lymph vessels and lymph (spleen, tonsils, adenoids, and thymus, for example). Helps to filter out bacteria, housing certain kinds of white blood cells and managing body fluid levels.
• Nervous System Spinal cord, brain, nerves and nerve endings. Coordinates and controls body functions.
• Respiratory System Nose, trachea, lungs, bronchioles, bronchi, alveoli, and alveolar sacs. Regulates gas exchange in the blood. Helps get rid of carbon dioxide and other unneeded gases, while absorbing oxygen.
• Immune System Lymph nodes and other lymph vessels/tissue. Helps protect against viruses and bacteria. Allows for proper drainage to keep body tissue and organs free from invading bacteria, germs and viruses.
• Urinary System Urinary bladder, kidneys and urethra. Urine excretion overall regulation of body’s internal environment.
• Integumentary System Hair, skin, sweat glands and nails. Protection (hair, skin, nails) against environment and body temperature control (sweat glands).
• Reproductive System Includes Female and Male
Female Reproductive System Vulva, ovaries, uterus, clitoris, and labia. Egg formation and fetus development.
Male Reproductive System Penis and testes. Production of semen for egg fertilization.